Article ID: GV3-22-03-24-A
Release Date: March, 24, 2022
GV-ABL / TBL Series
GV-ADR / TDR Series
GV-AVD / TVD Series
GV-SD2322-IR / SD2722-IR / SD3732-IR / SD4825-IR / SD4834-IR
This document illustrates detailed instructions for accessing required information of the abovementioned IP cameras using GV-IP Device Utility to request for a temporary password from GeoVision’s support teams.
Step 1. Acquiring the camera’s serial or barcode number on GV-IP Device Utility
- On GV-IP Device Utility V8.9.6 or later, select Tool > Export device list for optional functions.
- On the export device list, select the cameras you wish to request temporary passwords for and select Export.
- Save the HostList.txt file for later use. The file contains the camera’s serial number (20 digits) or barcode number (12 digits).
- On the camera’s webpage, select Forgot Password? next to the Password field.
- The popup window appears. The camera's date is shown as below.
To retrieve your camera's password, provide the camera's date and the exported HostList.txt file to the support team according to your location. Make sure to specify each camera's date and its corresponding information documented in the HostList.txt file. The contact information is as follows: