Article ID: GV12-12-05-22
Released Date: 05/22/2012
8-Channel GV-Compact DVR
When you used the Multi View program to remotely connect to the 8-channel GV-Compact DVR, some video channels could not be accessed and a “Connect to Server” message was displayed.
The problem occurred because there is a compatibility issue between the Multi View problem and the 8-channel GV-Compact DVR. Please use one of these alternatives to access the live images of GV-Compact DVR from a remote site.
- Using the Live View function on the GV-Compact DVR Web interface
- Using the free surveillance software GV-NVR
- To access the Web interface from a remote computer, start the Internet browser, and type the IP address or the domain name of the GV-Compact DVR in the Location/Address field.
- Type the user’s ID and password to log in the Web interface.
- You can find the Live View functions on the left menu.
2. Using the free surveillance software GV-NVR
You may find the Surveillance System Software DVD in the GV IP device’s package. The GV-NVR allows you to connect up to 32 GV IP channels for live surveillance. To install the GV-NVR and connect to IP devices, follow the steps below.
For further information on GV-NVR, see the GV-NVR Quick Start Guide.
To install the GV-NVR:
- Insert the Surveillance System software DVD to a computer. It runs automatically.
- When this window appears, click Install GeoVision Vxxxx System.
- Click GeoVision Main System.
- When this dialog box appears, select GV-NVR and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Run and log in the GV-NVR.
- On the main screen, click the Configure button, select System Configure and select IP Camera Install.
- Select Add Camera.
- Type the IP address/domain name, login username and password of the GV-Compact DVR. Select GeoVision from the Band drop-down list and select GeoVision Compact DVR from the Device drop-down list.
- Click the Query button to attempt connection to the GV-Compact DVR. When the connection is established, the camera options will be displayed on the Preview and Record drop-down lists.
- Select one camera to be connected. The selections in the Preview and Record drop-down list will be the same.
- Click Apply. The camera is added to the list.
- To add another camera, select the camera and click Apply again.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
- Select one listed camera, right-click it to display a menu, and select Display Position to map the camera to a channel on the GV-NVR. After the mapping is completed, the Status column will display “Connected”.
- Click OK. The live images from the GV-Compact DVR are displayed.
For details, see Chapter 10 DVR Configurations, in GV-Compact DVR User’s Manual.