Released Date: 1/12/2023
All GV-Software and/or function features requiring GV-USB Dongle
As the recognition of GeoVision’s large-scale video surveillance and related applications continue to grow in the VMS market, there has been a noticeable increase in the number of counterfeit license dongles being brought about. Please make sure your GV-USB Dongle is of 100% authenticity prior to using.
- All users are strongly advised to use authentic GV-USB Dongles issued by GeoVision only. The use of counterfeit license dongles may not only result in irreversible defects to the GV-Software, but also legal offences to the user, where applicable.
- The recent findings of the counterfeit license dongles in Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan which pose to be substandard and lack a number of the authentic physical appearances described herein, have led to legal actions taken toward both the counterfeiters and the users associated.
Proof of Authenticity
- There’s a GeoVision logo toward the top of a GV-USB Dongle.
- There’s a GeoVision serial number imprinted onto the sides of both the metal and plastic components of a GV-USB Dongle.
- All GV-USB Dongles are designed with an ergonomically round groove for the finger and thumb for easy grasping, which is attached with a sticker indicating the type of GV-Software used for and the number of ports purchased.
Matching Serial Number
All GV-USB Dongles have a serial number retrievable by the GVUsbKeyUpClient.exe program that matches the imprints on the side of the dongle.
IMPORTANT: All GV-USB Dongle serial numbers are unique and shall not be duplicated. If you encounter repeated serial numbers, please contact GeoVision or your local dealer for assistance.
- Insert the GV-USB Dongle into the GV-Software System.
- Double-click to launch GVUsbKeyUpClient.exe under the installation directory of the GV-Software.
- Select the GV-USB Dongle in the left column to see its HW Serial number.
- Compare the HW Serial number with the imprints on the side of the GV-USB Dongle. Matching proves authenticity.